Massachusetts State Police License to Carry 001 Course
This is a four hour instructor course is $100.00 and you receive a $25.00 gift certificate back towards your first firearm purchase; this course will certify you to apply for your Class A LTC or FID Card, it covers the safe handling and operation of many types of modern firearms. Students are given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe handling, operation, storage of firearms and ammunition in the home and transportation of firearms outside the home.
Please note: Chicopee, MA residents are required to have a live fire course add a $40.00 fee
This class does not contain live fire exercises. However, you will handle non firing ammunition and load and unload revolvers and semi-auto pistols. No handling or loading of live ammunition will be permitted in the class.
- Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Identifying and Loading/Unloading Different Firearms
- Practical Exercises in Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition identification
- Firearms maintenance and cleaning
- Applicable Massachusetts firearms laws for purchase, possession, transfer, storage and transportation
- Proper storage and childproofing of firearms in the home
- Transportation of firearms
- Firearm selection
- Ammunition selection for self defense
The licensing process and completing the license application
At the successful completion of the class you'll be presented with a MASS STATE POLICE CERTIFICATE.
This Course is suited for shooters seeking an LTC, those who have interest in shooting, such as spouses of gun owners who only wish to be more comfortable around guns, those under 21 years of age seeking a FID or those who only want an FID (15 years of age with a parents consent). Also, if you want a non-resident Massachusetts LTC and you have your permit to carry for your home state, this is the class for you.